For the fourth time XXL Sport & Outdoor invests in AutoStore and WMS from Element Logic. This time for their expansion of XXL with a new distribution center in Sweden.
Since the start of the millennium XXL has revolutionized the Norwegian sport industry, and is the chain that is growing fastest in the Nordic region with its 20 stores in Norway and nine in Sweden.
50 percent reduction in operating costs
An important factor in XXLs progress is high-performance and industry-leading logistics, where several years of collaboration with Element Logic and investment in automation has been of great importance.
– You can safely say that we are continuing a success, as we establish ourselves in a central warehouse in Örebro and make use of the same profitable concept we have developed together with Element Logic, says Geir Nielsen, Nordic Warehouse Manager and co-founder of XXL.
– Element Logic delivered our first AutoStore in 2010 that we later moved and then scaled larger in line with our growth. In summary, we have reduced our operating costs by about 50 percent, he adds.
Guarantee efficient logistics
Our success formula will continue to include the compact, efficient and scalable AutoStore, Elements own WMS module (EWMS) for optimal management of the flow of goods into and out of AutoStore and automated conveyor systems for goods receipt, handling / distribution to be provided by ITO Group.
– An investment in AutoStore and EWMS is a guarantee of an efficient logistics with a low cost. It gives us a competitive advantage and is crucial for us to offer our clients famous brands at low prices, continued Nielsen.
Element Logic will also strengthen the cooperation.
– Requests, suggestions and demands from XXL has contributed greatly to further develop us as a system integrator, says Terje Skjølberg, Sales Manager at Element Logic. – XXL has also been pushing for the optimization of functions and processes, and their toughs demands for rapid implementation. This means that we are able to undertake projects that for the “world of automation” is the extremely short time-frames from initiation to commissioning and full operation, continues Skjølberg.
– Yes, and it’s we who have demonstrated Element that everything that fits in a AutoStore bin should be handled in AutoStore, whether it is ski boots or ski wax, adds Nielsen with his well-known smile.
This article has been translated from Logistikk og Ledelse’s norwegian article. Read the original article here